Quick and easy apple muffins filled with apples and finished with a crunchy cinnamon crumb topping. The best kind of breakfast.
Am I the only one? Or is that pretty common to suddenly want to bake all the things as soon as the weather turns a little bit cooler? Maybe it’s because I can finally turn my oven on without turning my house into a sauna!
That, and the bags and bags of apples I have sitting in my freezer begging to be made into things like these apple muffins with crumb topping!
Every year my siblings give me buckets of apples from their trees. They get so many that they can’t even use them all. So I chop and core apples incessantly for a few days and end up with boatloads of apples ready to bake with in my freezer.
I was actually planning on planting an apple tree in my yard next year. Although as I wrote that I started to think that maybe I shouldn’t! I already have enough apples to last me for months and I don’t even have a tree! Might have to rethink that plan….
I guess we will see how quickly we fly through them this year and then decide.
These apple muffins disappeared in less then two days, so clearly we are going to have to make them again!
It might not be a problem using up all those apples after all.
How to make Apple Muffins with Crumb Topping:
- You can skip the crumb topping and the glaze if you want a healthier muffin – although they’re pretty fantastic so….don’t.
- I have this muffin tin and absolutely love it (non-stick and muffins always rise really nicely in it), but a standard muffin tin will work just fine.
- If you want to make apple bread instead, I also have an Apple Bread with Crumb Topping that you might like.
Here are some more great muffin recipes for you:
- Glazed Lemon Cranberry Muffins
- Strawberry Banana Muffins
- Easy Blueberry Muffins
- Peach Muffins with Crumb Topping
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins
I’ve also shared this Apple Muffins with Crumb Topping Recipe over on Food Fanatic.