These soft apple oatmeal breakfast cookies are a hit with the kids! They’re healthy and filling and make the perfect breakfast or snack!
If you’re looking for something different for breakfast this week, these cookies are perfect! These easy to make, soft cookies are filled with oats, apples, raisins, and pecans for a healthy breakfast that tastes great.
These cookies mix up in just a few minutes, with ingredients you probably already have on hand. They even freeze well if you want some healthy snacks ready to go in the freezer. I love having these in the freezer for easy lunch box snacks for the kids.
Make some of these tasty apple cookies today for the perfect breakfast or snack. The kids will love them!
What do you eat with breakfast cookies?
These apple oatmeal breakfast cookies make a great breakfast all on their own, especially if you are grabbing breakfast on the way out the door.
We like having them with hard boiled eggs, or yogurt, and fruit for a more complete breakfast.
Are oatmeal cookies good for breakfast?
These oatmeal cookies are good for breakfast! These are a healthier version of an oatmeal cookies, but definitely don’t taste the same as your typical oatmeal cookie. For example, they’re not the same as these peanut butter oatmeal cookies!
These breakfast cookies use a small amount of sugar and oil to make a healthier cookie that is perfect for breakfast. They’re actually more similar to a muffin than a cookie. But if you like soft, cake-like cookies, you will enjoy these cookies.
They’re perfect for breakfast as they’re healthy and filling, with good for you ingredients like oats, whole wheat flour, shredded apple, raisins, and pecans.
How to make Apple Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies:
- Use a silicone baking mat or parchment paper to line your cookie sheets, or grease the cookie sheets so the cookies don’t stick.
- I like to freeze the baked cookies in these freezer bags as this makes for an easy to grab, healthy snack for the kids lunches.
- Shred the apple with the small holes of a box grater. These cookies are better with finely shredded apple.
- Feel free to omit the raisins or pecans if you like, or use just one instead of both.
Here are some more great grab and go breakfast ideas for you:
- Banana Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
- Peach Scones
- Oatmeal Raisin No Bake Granola Bars
- Refrigerator Raisin Bran Muffins
- Oatmeal Raisin Energy Balls
I’ve also shared these Apple Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies over on Food Fanatic.