This skinny chicken fettuccine Alfredo is so easy to make and is ready in 25 minutes. That Alfredo taste everyone loves, but in a lightened up sauce!
Chicken fettuccine Alfredo pasta. Is there anything better? One of the best comfort foods out there in my opinion.
I think that Alfredo sauce might just be my favourite pasta sauce ever.
It’s so good.
The only thing that makes chicken fettuccine Alfredo better is lightening it up to make it a bit heatlhier.
This skinny chicken fettuccine Alfredo has all the flavour of the original, but a serving of this light Alfredo sauce has about 1/3 of the calories and 1/5 of the fat of a serving of regular homemade Alfredo sauce.
So this skinny chicken fettuccine Alfredo is significantly healthier then regular chicken fettuccine Alfredo.
And even though I fully believe that sometimes only the real thing will do – this lighter version also has a place in my heart.
It’s delicious. And healthier. And so quick and easy to make.
Also, I always have milk – so I can always make this version of chicken fettuccine Alfredo!
Can you use milk instead of heavy cream for Alfredo sauce?
Using milk instead of heavy cream for this light Alfredo sauce is mainly what makes it skinny chicken fettuccine Alfredo.
You need to add some flour to thicken it up, but it’s a significant reduction in fat and calories to make it with milk instead of cream. And the flavour is still fantastic.
I would actually choose this light version over the real thing most of the time – mostly because I always have milk, but not cream, sitting in the fridge.
Also, it’s just healthier!
How do you make Alfredo sauce thinner?
If your Alfredo sauce thickens more then you would like, thin it out with a bit of pasta water. Just make sure you save some when you drain your pasta!
If you forget, you can also thin it with a bit more milk.
How do you revive Alfredo sauce?
To revive leftover alfredo sauce that is already mixed with pasta, heat a bit of olive oil in a sauce pan over low heat, and add the pasta with sauce.
Cook, stirring constantly, on low heat, and slowly add about 1 tablespoon of milk for every 2 cups of pasta to revive the sauce and make it nice and smooth again.
If your Alfredo sauce isn’t mixed with pasta already, simply reheat it over low heat, whisking constantly until it is warmed through, and serve over hot pasta.
How to make Skinny Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo:
- This skinny chicken fettuccine Alfredo is so tasty and so fast and easy to make. I always have the ingredients on hand and it can be on the table in less then 30 minutes.
- I always use 2% milk for this sauce. You could definitely use 3% or 1% if that’s what you buy. I believe skim milk would likely work well too, but I think that the sauce would be noticeably thinner with skim milk.
- To have this meal all ready at the same time in only about 20 minutes does require a bit of multi-tasking. Start your chicken cooking, and the water boiling for your pasta before you start on the Alfredo sauce. Once those are started you can make the sauce, and it can simmer on low heat while you wait for the pasta and chicken to finish.
Here are some more great Alfredo pasta options for you:
- Skinny Cajun Shrimp Alfredo Pasta
- Baked Shrimp Pasta with Mushroom Alfredo Sauce
- Homemade Alfredo Sauce
- Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Spaghetti Squash