This homemade chicken fettuccine Alfredo is so easy to make and is ready in 25 minutes. The perfect weeknight meal that everyone will love!
Chicken fettuccine Alfredo – one of the best pasta dishes ever. This is one of my favourite meals.
I think the only thing that could make it better is if you threw more cheese on top and baked it.
Not health food of course, but oh so tasty!
And yes, I have baked this chicken fettuccine Alfredo with even more cheese than there already is in the sauce.
And yes, it was worth it. Completely.
If you haven’t made homemade Alfredo sauce to serve with chicken fettuccine before, I have to say, you’re missing out.
You should definitely try this chicken fettuccine Alfredo soon. It’s delicious!
Can you use milk instead of heavy cream for Alfredo sauce?
Using milk instead of heavy cream for Alfredo sauce is the best way to lighten it up and make it a bit healthier.
You can find the full recipe for light Alfredo sauce here if you would prefer to try that.
How do you make Alfredo sauce thinner?
If your Alfredo sauce thickens more then you would like, thin it out with a bit of pasta water. Just make sure you save some when you drain your pasta!
If you forget, you can also thin it with a bit of milk or cream.
How do you revive Alfredo sauce?
To revive leftover Alfredo sauce that is already mixed with pasta, heat a bit of olive oil in a sauce pan over low heat, and add the pasta with sauce.
Cook, stirring constantly, on low heat, and slowly add about 1 tablespoon of milk for every 2 cups of pasta to revive the sauce and make it nice and smooth again.
If your Alfredo sauce isn’t mixed with pasta already, simply reheat it over low heat, stirring constantly until it is warmed through and serve over hot pasta.
How to make Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo:
- This homemade Alfredo sauce is so tasty and easy to make. It can actually be on the table in 20-30 minutes, with a bit of multi-tasking. In fact, your sauce will likely be ready before your chicken and pasta are, so start your water boiling and get the chicken cooking first.
- I recommend buying the mozzarella cheese as a block instead of pre-shredded if you can. The pre-shredded cheese is faster, but it has a coating on it to keep it from sticking together in the bags, so it doesn’t melt as nicely as freshly shredded cheese does.
- You can also make baked chicken fettuccine Alfredo with this recipe if you like. Make the recipe as directed, but mix everything together and toss it all in a baking dish. Sprinkle some more shredded mozzarella on top and bake at 350F for about 30 minutes until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling.
Here are some more great Alfredo pasta options for you:
- Skinny Cajun Shrimp Alfredo Pasta
- Baked Shrimp Pasta with Mushroom Alfredo Sauce
- Skinny Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Spaghetti Squash