These soft and chewy, chocolate caramel chip cookies are quick and easy to make and they taste amazing! Mix them up in minutes for the perfect treat!
I had some of these sea salt caramel chips in the pantry and didn’t really have any plans for them. Just bought them on a whim because they sounded tasty.
So I decided to throw them into a version of this salted double chocolate cookie dough, and I am so glad I did!
These cookies are absolutely delicious, and I think my daughter has a new favourite cookie now.
If you like salted caramel and chocolate, you will love these cookies. Soft and chewy chocolate cookies filled with sea salt caramel chips. They’re delicious.
How do you tell if chocolate cookies are done?
Chocolate cookies are a little more difficult than regular chocolate chip cookies to tell if they’re done, as you can’t look for browning.
With these chocolate cookies, you want to bake them until they have spread out and are starting to get cracks on top.
It should take about 13-14 minutes at 325F. You won’t want to bake them much longer than that or they may end up over baked and will no longer be soft and chewy.
How should I store cookies?
After fresh baked cookies have cooled completely, store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
You can also freeze cookies for up to 3 months. Let them cool completely and then freeze them in an airtight container. Defrost them at room temperature.
How to make Chocolate Caramel Chip Cookies:
- This cookie dough is very soft. Make these cookies as a drop cookie. A 1.5 tablespoon sized cookie scoop is the easiest way to portion out the batter.
- Don’t over-bake these cookies or they won’t be soft and chewy. Bake just until cracks start to form on top of the cookies.
- You can mix up this cookie dough with just a bowl and a spoon, no stand mixer or electric mixed needed!
Here are some more great cookie recipes for you:
- Swig Sugar Cookies
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Banana Cookies
- Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
- White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Raspberry Lemon Cookies
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I use Dutch processed)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sea salt caramel chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the chopped chocolate and the butter, and microwave at 50% power for 30 second increments, stirring after every 30 seconds. Continue heating just until the chocolate is melted.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the melted chocolate and butter and stir until smooth.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined. Add this to the chocolate mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Stir in the sea salt caramel chips.
- Drop the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets, about 1.5 tablespoons per cookie, spacing them 1-2 inches apart.
- Bake for 13-14 minutes until there are some cracks on the surface.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before moving them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days, or freeze them for up to 3 months.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I may receive a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 121Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 4116mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g
Nutrition Information is estimated based on ingredients used and may not be exact.