This Instant Pot teriyaki chicken is so quick and easy to make. It’s the perfect weeknight meal – fast, easy, and everyone loves it!
Teriyaki chicken is one of our favourite meals. It’s so easy to make, I always have the ingredients I need for the sauce, and everyone loves it.
There are a lot of different versions of teriyaki sauce. I even have several different versions on my site, and we love them all.
This teriyaki chicken stir fry has a healthier version of teriyaki sauce with less sugar in it. And this slow cooker teriyaki chicken is a sweeter version, with a honey teriyaki sauce that is quite sweet tasting.
This Instant Pot teriyaki chicken uses a sauce that has the same flavour as this teriyaki chicken marinade. It isn’t overly sweet, but we love it.
Can you put frozen meat in the Instant Pot?
Yes, you can put frozen meat in the Instant Pot! It’s actually one of my favourite things about it.
I have found that the cook time for frozen meat is usually about 1.5 times what it is for fresh meat. For this Instant Pot teriyaki chicken, it takes 10 minutes at high pressure for fresh, boneless chicken thighs, and 15 minutes for frozen.
What is teriyaki sauce made of?
Teriyaki sauce is made of ingredients that you likely already have. I never buy it already made because it is so quick and easy to mix up.
All you need is soy sauce, honey, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger. It’s so easy to make and so delicious.
The teriyaki sauce in this recipe is not overly sweet. If you prefer a teriyaki sauce on the sweeter side, use the sauce recipe in this Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken instead. The cooking directions will be the same, but that teriyaki sauce has more honey in it and tastes sweeter than this one does.
How do you make teriyaki chicken from scratch?
Making teriyaki chicken from scratch is very easy. Place some chicken in the Instant Pot, whisk together a simple sauce from ingredients you likely already have, and pour it over top of the chicken.
Cook at high pressure for a few minutes, and then thicken the sauce with a corn starch slurry using the saute function. It’s a super fast and easy meal to make and everyone loves it!
What goes well with teriyaki chicken?
We like teriyaki chicken served with rice or quinoa, and some steamed broccoli. Any simple steamed vegetable would be tasty with it though, or a salad. This broccoli salad would go well with it too.
How to make Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken:
- If you prefer your teriyaki sauce on the sweeter side, use the sauce recipe in this Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken instead. The cooking directions will be the same, but that teriyaki sauce has more honey in it and tastes sweeter than this one does.
- You can use fresh or frozen chicken thighs in this recipe, but the cook time will be longer if your meat is frozen.
- Chicken breasts would be good here too if you prefer. Cook them for 8 minutes if they’re fresh, and 12 minutes if they’re frozen.
- I sometimes shred the chicken up in the sauce and serve it over rice instead of leaving the pieces whole. Either way is delicious!
Here are some more great Instant Pot chicken recipes for you:
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken
- Instant Pot Mushroom Chicken and Rice
- Instant Pot Chicken Stew
- Instant Pot Chicken Chili
- Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup