This homemade soft flatbread recipe is super easy to make and is perfect for sandwiches, gyros or even mini pizzas!
I have been looking for a fantastic homemade soft flatbread recipe for ages.
I’ve had trouble finding one I love because I’m being really picky about it. I didn’t want a tortilla or pita bread or flatbread that is too thick or too thin.
And it had to be easy to make and taste great.
That shouldn’t be too much to ask for from a simple flatbread recipe.
Evidently it is though, because every recipe I’ve tried has fallen short one way or another.
I was starting to think that my expectations were way too high and the perfect soft flatbread recipe just wasn’t going to happen for me.
And then I tried this recipe and decided that this was it.
This bread is soft and fluffy and easy to wrap around whatever toppings or sandwich fillings you like, it was easy to make, and everyone loved it.
We have a winner!
The dough mixes up very easily, you let it rise for about an hour, divide it into pieces and let them rest for 10 minutes.
Then roll them out and dry fry them on an electric griddle or a non-stick frying pan.
The trick to making sure they’re not too thick is to roll the circles out thinner then you think they should be because they puff up a fair bit when you cook them.
No more being disappointed in mediocre flatbread – yay!
How to make Soft Flatbread:
- Use an oiled or well floured rolling pin to roll out your flatbread.
- Make sure to roll it really thin as it will puff up a fair bit when it cooks.
- This flatbread will stay soft for days kept in an airtight plastic bag at room temperature.
- Freeze this flatbread in an airtight container or a ziplock bag after it cools completely for up to 3 months.
Here are some great recipes to use this flatbread with:
- Meatball Souvlaki
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- Instant Pot Greek Pork Wraps
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken
- Slow Cooker Hoisin Chicken Lettuce Wraps
I’ve also shared this Soft Flatbread Recipe over on Food Fanatic.