This no churn chocolate cherry ice cream is so easy to make! Homemade, no-churn, chocolate and vanilla ice creams are swirled together with a sweet cherry sauce and mini chocolate chips for the perfect dessert!
This homemade, no-churn, chocolate cherry ice cream is amazing. It is so easy to make, and results in the creamiest chocolate cherry ice cream ever.
It’s quite a rich ice cream, so you don’t even need a very large serving to be completely satisfied. And the combination of chocolate and vanilla ice cream, with a sweet cherry sauce and chocolate chips swirled throughout is to die for.
We loved this no churn chocolate cherry ice cream. We went through two batches in no time, and I think I’m going to have to refrain from making more anytime soon, because it’s a little bit too dangerous to have in the freezer!
So easy and delicious, you need to try making this ice cream soon!
What does no-churn ice cream mean?
No churn ice cream means that you don’t need an ice cream maker to make this homemade ice cream. This type of ice cream is made with just 2 basic ingredients – sweetened condensed milk and whipping cream – plus whatever ingredients you like for flavour.
All you need to do to make no churn ice cream is combine sweetened condensed milk with whipping cream that has been beaten to stiff peaks, and then freeze it. It’s so easy and results in some amazing ice cream.
Plus, you can add in whatever flavours you like to make the perfect ice cream.
For this recipe, I made the ice cream into two flavours, chocolate and vanilla, and then swirled in some sweet cherry sauce and chocolate chips. The combination is fantastic, and it takes just a few minutes to make!
Is no-churn ice cream any good?
No churn ice cream is absolutely delicious. It’s silky smooth, very rich and creamy, and just as good as the ice cream you get at the store. In fact, I might even say it’s better than the kind you get at the store.
It’s very rich since it’s made with real cream, so a small amount is very satisfying. You don’t need an enormous bowl of this no churn chocolate cherry ice cream to get your ice cream fix.
We love no churn ice cream just as much as churned ice cream. It’s delicious, it’s easy to make, and you can make pretty much any flavour you can think of!
How to make No Churn Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream:
- In Canada, the cans of sweetened condensed milk are 300mL, or 10 oz. If the cans where you are are 14oz instead, I think that you should be able to substitute this size, as I’ve seen a lot of no churn ice cream recipes that use 14oz sweetened condensed milk with 2 cups of whipping cream. However, I have not tried it myself with this recipe.
- This ice cream is quite hard straight out of the freezer, but softens very quickly. If you let it sit for 2-3 minutes before scooping, it should scoop easily.
- You can use fresh or frozen cherries for this recipe.
Here are some more great frozen treats for you:
- No Churn Neapolitan Ice Cream
- Dark Chocolate Cherry Fudgesicles
- Molasses Pecan Praline No Churn Ice Cream
- Mocha Fudgsicles
- Roasted Strawberry and Oreo Ice Cream (no churn)