This one pot creamy Tuscan chicken is easy to make and tastes amazing over some hot pasta! The whole family will love it!
My family absolutely loved this one pot creamy Tuscan chicken.
I think I made it 3 or 4 times in two weeks and nobody was sick of it. In fact, they were still raving about how good it was.
But it’s hard to beat browned chicken breasts slathered in a garlic cream sauce with tomatoes, zucchini, and fresh basil, served over hot pasta.
It was so good that my family of five had no trouble finishing the entire pan.
Of course, my kids are really big eaters, so that’s probably a bit unusual. But it was delicious, so I can hardly blame them!
What should I serve this creamy Tuscan chicken with?
We loved this chicken in a garlic cream sauce served over hot pasta.
I think it would be great on it’s own as well though, served with some crusty bread to mop up that delicious sauce!
There is a fair bit of sauce though, as we liked it with pasta, so keep that in mind if you prefer to skip the pasta.
How do you thicken garlic cream sauce?
This garlic cream sauce thickens quite easily. Using heavy cream for the sauce, it will thicken by simply bringing it to a boil and lowering the heat to a simmer for about 5 minutes.
It does not get extremely thick though, it thickens slightly. So keep that in mind while you’re cooking it. It won’t be super thick. After simmering the sauce for about 5 minutes it will be slightly thickened.
As it cools it does thicken a bit more. If you want it to be a thicker sauce, you can whisk a tablespoon of corn starch into the cream before adding it to the pan.
We preferred this garlic cream sauce to be on the thinner side though. It was delicious this way served over hot pasta.
How long does it take to saute chicken breasts?
The chicken breasts for this recipe are sliced in half for 6 thinner pieces of chicken, so they cook quite quickly.
Saute them over medium heat for about 4 minutes per side to get nicely browned chicken breasts that are cooked through, but still nice and juicy.
How to make Creamy Tuscan Chicken:
- I like to use this garlic press to mince my garlic – so much faster to press it through a garlic press than it is to mince it with a knife.
- The easiest way to chop fresh basil is to stack the leaves, roll them up into a tight cylinder, and then slice the cylinder of leaves thinly. If you prefer it to be chopped up, instead of in thin strips like this, you can then slice across the opposite direction, but thin strips work just fine for this recipe.
- If you would like to change up the vegetables, you can certainly do that, but the tomatoes are fantastic so I recommend using those for sure! Spinach would also be amazing in this sauce.
Here are some more great chicken recipes for you:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, slice in half to make thinner pieces of chicken
- 2 shallots, chopped fine
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped fine
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream (35% whipping cream)
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large stovetop skillet over medium heat until the butter is melted.
- Season the chicken breast halves generously with salt and pepper. Place them in the skillet and let them cook for 4-5 minutes per side, until they are browned and cooked through.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Add the shallots and garlic to the pan and saute, stirring constantly, until they are softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, grape tomatoes, chicken broth, and cream, and continue to cook, stirring, for another 2 minutes, until the liquid starts to boil.
- Stir in the basil and parmesan cheese and stir until the cheese is melted.
- Return the chicken to the pan, and reduce the heat to medium low. Let the sauce simmer for about 5 minutes, or until it has thickened a bit.
- Server over hot pasta.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I may receive a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 449Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 148mgSodium: 432mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 29g
Nutrition Information is estimated based on ingredients used and may not be exact.