These no bake chocolate peanut butter bars take just minutes to make and taste fantastic! Everyone will love this easy no bake treat!
These easy no bake bars disappeared in record time at my house. I almost didn’t get to taste them, they were gone so fast.
So they were a hit with my family. But then, anything involving chocolate and peanut butter usually is.
These no bake bars take just minutes to make, and they are so tasty. They are similar in taste to a Reese’s peanut butter cup, although the peanut butter base is firmer than the peanut butter filling in a Reese’s cup. These bars will definitely fit the bill if you’re craving a chocolate peanut butter treat though!
How do you make peanut butter bars from scratch?
Peanut butter bars are an easy, no bake dessert that take just minutes to make from scratch. All you have to do is stir together some melted butter and peanut butter with graham cracker crumbs and powdered sugar and press this mixture into a baking dish.
Pour some melted chocolate and peanut butter over top, chill for a couple of hours, and you have some tasty chocolate peanut butter bars! They are so easy and delicious!
How to make Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars:
- I find it easiest to mix the melted butter and peanut butter together first. The hot butter softens the peanut butter so they combine easily without any lumps. Then stir in the graham cracker crumbs and powdered sugar to form the base.
- There is some peanut butter added to the chocolate topping to make the chocolate a bit softer and creamier. It cuts into nice squares a little bit easier than plain chocolate would.
- Make sure to chill these bars for at least two hours before slicing them into squares, and then store them in the refrigerator. They will keep for up to a week in the fridge.
- Line the baking dish with parchment paper or aluminum foil before pressing the bars into it. This makes it easier to cut them into bars as you can lift out the whole pan of bars.
Here are some more great no bake treats for you:
- Lemon Berry No Bake Cheesecake Cups
- Oatmeal Raisin No Bake Granola Bars
- No Bake Birds Nest Cookies
- Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter, plus 3 tablespoons
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter and 3/4 cup of the peanut butter until smooth.
- Stir in the graham cracker crumbs and powdered sugar.
- Press this mixture into an 8x8 or 9x9 inch baking pan, lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the 4 tablespoons of peanut butter with the chocolate, and heat it at 50% power for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Spread the chocolate evenly on top of the peanut butter base.
- Refrigerate the bars until the chocolate is set, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Store the bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Source: Adapted from Allrecipes.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I may receive a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 287Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 164mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 20gProtein: 4g
Nutrition Information is estimated based on ingredients used and may not be exact.
I’ve also shared this no bake chocolate peanut butter bars recipe on Food Fanatic.