Chocolate-y, decadent, delicious, and SO easy – you will LOVE this slow cooker chocolate pudding cake recipe! You will make it again and again!
This slow cooker chocolate pudding cake is my absolute favourite dessert of all time.
It’s a little weird that I haven’t shared it before now actually. I made it a few weeks ago when we had some friends over for dinner and they asked if the recipe was on my site, assuming it was since I said it was my favourite….but it wasn’t.
So I decided that I needed to remedy that little problem.
Because this slow cooker pudding cake is literally the first thing I think of making every time I want to make dessert. And it’s the only dessert I ever request for a birthday or something when one of the kids wants to make me dessert.
That’s right. It’s easy enough for your kids to make it.
Warm chocolate cake that magically bakes up with hot fudge pudding underneath it and is crazy easy to make? Yes please.
Can you reheat chocolate pudding cake?
This chocolate pudding cake actually reheats very well. You can reheat single portions in the microwave.
Or, if you have quite a lot of the pudding cake left, store the leftovers in the fridge in the crock of the slow cooker. Then when you want to reheat it, simply place it back in the slow cooker on the warm setting for about 2 hours, or until it is heated through.
The amount of time it takes will really depend on your slow cooker, as they are all a little bit different, but it took about 2 hours in mine. I would suggest starting it warming while you’re making dinner and it should be good to go a few hours later when you’re ready for dessert.
How to make Slow Cooker Chocolate Pudding Cake:
- I have a 5 quart slow cooker which is what I make this chocolate pudding cake in. It would probably work fine in a slightly different sized slow cooker, but I haven’t tested it in another size.
- Make sure to spray the crock of your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray before you add the cake batter to it.
- After you pour the sauce on top of the cake batter, DO NOT stir it. Leave it as it is. It cooks up perfectly into a chocolate cake on top of chocolate pudding.
- The cooking time will vary a little bit depending on the slow cooker you are using, as they all cook a little bit differently. It is done in my slow cooker at 2 hours but it may take a little longer in yours. When it’s done cooking you can simply turn the slow cooker to warm until you are ready to serve it. I’ve had it on warm for 2-3 hours after cooking and it’s still delicious.
Here are some more great dessert recipes for you:
For the cake:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the topping:
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- Lightly spray the crock of a slow cooker (I use a 5 quart slow cooker) with non-stick cooking spray).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt until combined.
- Add the milk, oil, and vanilla and stir until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter (it will be thick) in the bottom of the prepared slow cooker.
- In another bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, sugar, and boiling water for the topping until smooth.
- Pour the topping carefully over top of the cake batter. Do NOT stir.
- Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook on high for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, until the cake is set.
- Turn the slow cooker off and let it sit for 30 minutes before serving. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
- This pudding cake reheats well. Place the slow cooker with the cooked pudding cake in it in the fridge. When you want to reheat it, just place the crock back into the slow cooker and heat on the “warm” setting for 2-3 hours, until heated through. It will keep for up to 3 days in the fridge.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I may receive a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 317Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 165mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 2gSugar: 37gProtein: 3g