This honey mustard salad dressing can be mixed up in minutes with just 7 ingredients you probably already have! Easy and delicious!
I love making my own salad dressing from scratch.
Mostly because I get bored with the same salad dressing all the time on my salad, so the bottles of store bought dressing tend to go to waste. Whenever I try a different flavour, even if we like it, we don’t use it all before the best before date.
So making salad dressing from scratch is definitely the way to go.
Plus, homemade salad dressing is so quick and easy, it seems rather silly to buy it most of the time.
And if you want a specific flavour of dressing with your salad, but don’t want to go to the store, you can probably make it with ingredients you already have on hand.
That is definitely true for this honey mustard salad dressing. It will literally take you five minutes to make, and you quite likely have all the ingredients you need for it already.
I know I always have these ingredients on hand, so it’s definitely one I always make instead of buying ready made.
It’s so easy and delicious – we love this honey mustard salad dressing!
What is honey mustard dressing made of?
Honey mustard dressing can be made very easily with just 7 ingredients, 2 of which are salt and pepper.
The only other ingredients you need to make this simple salad dressing are olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, dijon mustard, and garlic.
How do you make honey mustard dressing from scratch?
To make honey mustard dressing from scratch, all you need are five main ingredients and five minutes. Toss everything in a jar and shake until it’s combined.
That’s it. Such an easy salad dressing and it tastes fantastic.
How to make Honey Mustard Salad Dressing:
- Homemade salad dressings are so easy to make – simply throw everything in a jar with a tight fitting lid and shake until combined. I like using this shaker cup as it has measurements on the side so you can measure everything as you add it, and it pours easily too. But a mason jar with a lid or a measuring cup with a whisk will work just as well.
- I prefer fresh garlic for homemade salad dressings, but if you don’t have any you can replace the clove of minced garlic (or pressed through a garlic press) with 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- This honey mustard salad dressing will keep well in the fridge for up to 2 weeks, simply shake it to recombine everything before using it.
- My favourite salad to serve with this honey mustard salad dressing is this Chopped Salad with Grilled Chicken.
Here are some more great salad dressing recipes for you:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, or in a mason jar with a lid, combine all of the ingredients.
- Whisk together, or put the lid on and shake well.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Salad dressing keeps well in the fridge for up to 2 weeks, just shake it to recombine the dressing.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I may receive a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 tablespoon
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 70Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 84mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 0g
Nutrition Information is estimated based on ingredients used and may not be exact.