These easy chocolate sugar cookies are quick and easy to make and don’t require any chilling time! Crisp on the outside, chewy on the inside, they’re absolutely delicious!
These easy chocolate sugar cookies make the perfect sweet treat. They’re quick and easy to make, don’t require any chilling time, and taste fantastic.
Typically I’m not a big sugar cookie fan. I just don’t enjoy rolling out the dough, cutting out the cookies, decorating them all, it’s such a process. Drop cookies are much more my style.
These chocolate sugar cookies are a drop cookie, rolled in sugar for a little extra crisp on the outside, and the dough doesn’t need to be chilled before baking. They’re my kind of cookie.
Crisp on the outside, chewy on the inside, these little chocolate cookies are delicious. You will love them!
How do you know when chocolate sugar cookies are done?
It’s hard to tell exactly when chocolate sugar cookies are done baking, as the usual tell of just starting to brown on the edges is not evident with chocolate cookie dough!
For these cookies, they are done with the tops are starting to get a bit crackly.
You don’t want to over bake them as they will be too hard, so err on the side of under done instead. That way you will still have chewy centres.
Keep in mind that cookies do keep baking for a bit after you take them from the oven, so erring on the side of under done rather than over done is best.
Should sugar cookies be crunchy or soft?
These sugar cookies are crisp on the outside, and chewy on the inside, so you get the best of both worlds with these cookies!
How to make Easy Chocolate Sugar Cookies:
- Make sure not to over bake these cookies. They will not be chewy on the inside if you bake them too long.
- These cookies are not super soft. The outsides are crisp, but the insides are chewy. So don’t expect a soft, cake-y cookie. Even though they are puffy cookies that don’t spread much, the outsides are crisp.
- If you prefer to use salted butter instead of unsalted, decrease the added salt to 1/4 teaspoon.
- You do not need to chill the cookie dough before baking these cookies.
- You can freeze these cookies for up to 3 months in an airtight container.
Here are some more great sugar cookie recipes for you:
- Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Swig Sugar Cookies
- Lemon Sugar Cookie Cups
- Sugar Cookies
- Swig Sugar Cookies