This slow cooker chili is super quick and easy to throw together and makes the perfect warming meal for these cold winter evenings!
I’ve never been the biggest chili fan. It’s always been one of those meals that I’ll eat if put in front of me, but probably wouldn’t bother with the effort of making.
I’m changing my mind on that now that I have this easy as can be, slow cooker chili recipe. It’s so fast and easy to get into the slow cooker, and then it just happily cooks away until you’re ready to eat, with no more extra effort from you.
Unless you decide to make some of these amazing buttermilk biscuits (or these super easy cream biscuits) to go with it. Not necessary at all – but I would definitely recommend it. Chili is one of those meals that calls for homemade biscuits I think.
This slow cooker chili is a bit spicy but not terribly so. And you could definitely modify that fairly easily if you want a milder (or spicier) chili.
I think the other reason that I never loved chili before is that I didn’t know about toppings. Evidently I’ve been living under a rock, but I had never put sour cream and cheddar cheese and green onions on my chili until very recently. Can I just say that toppings make it so much better? I’ve been missing out. Don’t be like me – load up the toppings and enjoy this easy slow cooker chili!
Tips for perfect Slow Cooker Chili:
- this recipe fits well in a 5-6 quart slow cooker, I use my 5 quart slow cooker and it fits perfectly
- this slow cooker chili calls for 1 1/2 pounds ground beef and 1 chorizo sausage – if you want it to be spicier you can replace the 1/2 pound of ground beef with a second chorizo sausage instead, or if you’d like it milder use 2 pounds of ground beef with no chorizo sausage
- you can replace the chorizo sausage with Italian sausage if you like – either mild or hot depending on how spicy you want the chili to be
- I’ve used both green and red pepper in this chili and like both of them, so use whichever you like
- here are a few more warm and cosy meals for those cold nights: 30 Minute Chicken Stew, Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup, and Slow Cooker Butter Chicken
I’ve also shared this recipe over on The Weary Chef.
This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission.
Thursday 21st of April 2022
What a great idea to add some chorizo sausage and unsw. cocoa powder! I have never eaten any chili like that and I am willing to try your recipe because it sounds delicious!!!