This buffalo chicken pizza rolls recipe is so easy to make. It’s the perfect easy dinner, game day snack, or make ahead lunch!
Who else loves pizza rolls? That’s right. Everybody.
Or at least I have to assume that’s true, because I’ve never met anyone that doesn’t like them.
We’ve made so many versions of this pizza rolls recipe, and all of them have been delicious. I loved this taco pizza rolls recipe so much. But my current favourite is this buffalo chicken pizza rolls recipe.
Of course, the kids think buffalo chicken is too spicy because they’re crazy, so I needed to make my pepperoni pizza rolls recipe for them. That’s okay though, because making two batches the same day meant lots of homemade rolls for the freezer.
Make ahead lunches for the win.
These buffalo chicken pizza rolls freeze very well so it’s great when there are leftovers. They’re so easy to pull out for quick and easy lunches.
So if you’re looking for an easy, tasty meal for dinner tonight, try this buffalo chicken pizza rolls recipe. So easy, so tasty, and everyone will love them.
You know, as long as your family likes buffalo chicken!
If not, just be like me and make some pepperoni ones too!
How do you make homemade pizza rolls?
Homemade pizza rolls are so easy to make. Basically you roll out pizza dough into a large rectangle. Add some pizza sauce, toppings, and cheese and then roll the whole thing up.
Slice the large roll into 12 pieces, and bake. So easy, so tasty, and so many different versions you can make.
How do you make pizza roll dough?
Pizza roll dough is so easy to make. I like to use my no rise pizza dough recipe because it mixes up quickly and you can use it immediately. No waiting for an hour for it to rise before shaping your pizza rolls.
If you don’t feel like making your dough, any store-bought pizza dough should work well here too.
How to make perfect buffalo chicken pizza rolls:
- This pizza dough doesn’t have to rise before shaping your rolls, but make sure to let it rest for 5-10 minutes. This just allows the gluten to relax so that you won’t have the dough springing back as you are trying to roll it out.
- I use Frank’s buffalo sauce in this recipe. If I have some of this buttermilk ranch mix on hand I’ll use that for the sauce. If not, I like this ranch dressing (although any kind will be fine).
- Spray the counter with non-stick cooking spray before rolling out your dough so it doesn’t stick everywhere.
- This recipe calls for cooked shredded chicken. I have recipes for Instant Pot Shredded Chicken and Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken if you need to cook some.
- These buffalo chicken pizza rolls freeze very well. Just let them cool completely before storing them in a large ziplock bag or airtight container and then freeze for up to 3 months.
- Here are so more fantastic pizza recipes for you: Buffalo Chicken Pizza, Pull Apart Pizza Muffins, and Homemade Pizza Pockets
For the pizza dough:
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon liquid honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the pizza rolls:
- 3 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 3 tablespoons buffalo wing sauce
- 1 1/2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, mix together the water, flour, yeast, olive oil, honey, and salt.
- Pulse the mixture (or stir with a wooden spoon if mixing by hand) until it comes together into a ball.
- Knead for 5 minutes by machine, 10 by hand until the dough is smooth.
- If the dough is still looking dry and really shaggy after a couple minutes of kneading, add more water, a tablespoon at a time. If it is really sticky and not coming together into a smooth ball, add more flour, a tablespoon at a time.
- Cover the bowl and let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a lightly oiled surface, roll out the dough into a 1/2 inch thick rectangle.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ranch dressing and buffalo wing sauce and spread the sauce over top, leaving a 1/2 inch space on the edges.
- Spread the cooked chicken over top of the sauce and cover it with the shredded cheese.
- Roll up the dough starting on a long edge into a tight cylinder and pinch the seam to seal it.
- Place the roll seam side down and slice it into 12 rolls.
- Place each roll, cut side down, onto a parchment lined baking sheet and cover the rolls loosely with plastic wrap.
- Let them rise for 15-20 minutes to puff up a bit and then bake for 25-30 minutes or until they are lightly browned and the cheese is bubbling. Let cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet and serve warm.
- Leftovers keep well in the fridge and can be reheated gently in the microwave, or wrapped in foil and baked at 350F in the oven for 10 minutes. They can also be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Classic Wood Rolling Pin
Bosch Universal Plus Stand Mixer
Parchment Paper 2-pack
Frank's Franks Buffalo Wing Sauce 148Ml
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I may receive a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 roll
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 183 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 21mg Sodium: 392mg Carbohydrates: 22g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Protein: 10g