This hot, baked broccoli cheese dip is easy to mix up and can be made ahead of time. Everyone will love this appetizer served with crackers, chips or veggies!
We love appetizers here, especially around the holidays.
There’s always so many parties and family gatherings – and food is always a big part of those events. I find that you always need appetizers around the holidays – and this baked broccoli cheese dip was a hit when I brought it to a family get together last weekend. So it’s definitely going in the make it again recipe pile!
It was so easy to make – all you need to do is stir together all the ingredients and then spoon it into a baking dish – and that can all be done up to a couple of days before you actually need to serve the dip. I love make ahead options for food that I’m bringing somewhere else, it’s so much easier when you can make it when you have time rather then immediately before heading somewhere!
This baked broccoli cheese dip was adapted from a recipe I found in my mom’s old recipe card box. I have no idea where she got it, it was just hand written on a scrap piece of paper – but it looked good so I tried it out. I’m so glad I did because we really enjoyed this dip!
Hot and cheesy appetizers are the best kind – I hope I need to bring food to some other event again soon – because I probably don’t need to make this again just for my family! Although….there are a lot of veggies in this dip….so it’s basically a health food right? Yeah…I should make it again.
Tips for perfect Baked Broccoli Cheese Dip:
- I used low fat sour cream for this recipe (regular would be fine too) and regular cream cheese, but I think that light cream cheese would work well here too
- this dip can be made up to 2 days ahead of time and refrigerated (covered) until ready to bake, leftovers can be refrigerated and reheated at 350F covered with aluminum foil
- I baked this in a 1.5 quart baking dish (this is the one I have), but it should work fine in any baking dish of similar size
- here are a few other great appetizer recipes for you: Gherkin and Caramelized Onion Dip, Guacamole, Crispy Oven Baked Wings
I’ve also shared this Baked Broccoli Cheese Dip recipe over on The Weary Chef.
- 8oz (250g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the cream cheese and the sour cream until smooth.
- Stir in the garlic, cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, broccoli, red pepper, and onion until combined.
- Spoon the dip into a 1.5 quart (1.4L) baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until hot and bubbling.
- Serve with chips, crackers or veggies.
- Refrigerate leftovers, and reheat it at 350F for 20-30 minutes, covered with aluminum foil.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I may receive a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 290 Total Fat: 24g Saturated Fat: 14g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 70mg Sodium: 377mg Carbohydrates: 7g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Protein: 13g
This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission.