These oven baked wings are super crispy and so easy to make. Toss them with your favourite sauce for perfect wings that are baked instead of fried!
Does anyone else ever have an appetizers only meal? We do this sometimes, generally on a Friday night, often when we have company. It’s a fun meal where everyone eats way too much, with far too much unhealthy food. So basically it’s the best kind of meal!
It’s always a bonus when we can have those appetizer nights with our favourite treats – but made a bit healthier then the usual deep fried fare found at a restaurant.
These crispy oven baked wings are one of our favourite appetizer treats. I almost always make them when we decide to enjoy one of these “appetizers for dinner” nights, and they never disappoint. We like ours tossed either in buffalo sauce or honey garlic sauce – spicy for the adults and sweet for the kids! Actually, I usually leave some completely sauce free as well because the kids enjoy them plain.
These crispy oven baked wings are so easy to make, and definitely a great snack that the whole family will enjoy. Baked to crispy perfection and then tossed in your favourite sauce, they will disappear quickly at your house too, I’m sure!
Tips for perfect Crispy Oven Baked Wings:
- you can use any sauce you like to toss the cooked wings in – we like Buffalo sauce, honey garlic sauce or teriyaki sauce
- make sure you use parchment paper on your baking sheets or the wings will stick – I’ve tried just spraying the baking sheets with non-stick spray and it doesn’t work as well for these. I’ve also used these Cookina baking sheets and they work well too
- here are a few more great appetizer recipes for you: Pretzel Bites, Cheesy Taco Stuffed Mushrooms, and Mexican 7 Layer Dip
- 2 1/2 pounds (1.1 kg) chicken wings/drumettes (2-3 dozen wings)
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- your favourite sauce to toss the wings in
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Toss the chicken wings/drumettes with the oil in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, paprika, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. Add to the chicken and toss until evenly coated.
- Spray the parchment paper lightly with cooking spray.
- Place the wings on the parchment lined baking sheet, spreading them out as much as possible.
- You may need two baking sheets to allow a bit of space between the wings.
- Bake for 50 minutes, turning halfway through, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Toss the crispy, cooked wings with your favourite sauce and serve immediately. We like buffalo sauce or honey garlic.
- The wings will reheat well in the oven at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes.
Source: Adapted from Today’s Parent Magazine
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I may receive a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:2 wings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 186Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 142mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 16g
Nutrition Information is estimated based on ingredients used and may not be exact.
This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission.