So, this new Reese chocolate peanut butter spread from Hershey’s Canada? A little bit too tasty I must say. As in, those two giant jars they sent me to test out this recipe? All gone. I probably didn’t need to test it so many times. I mean, the second batch was amazing. But I had to get it perfect so I think I made 5 batches of these things.
Nobody needs five batches of peanut butter and salted caramel brownies calling their name from the freezer. Nobody.
So I sent most of them to work with my husband, because seriously, brownies are way too dangerous to have in the house. I can’t forget about their existence when they’re around. Just can’t. Too tasty. None of them came home I might add, so I guess I’m not alone in that assessment!
These may just be some of the best brownies I have ever made. And that’s saying a lot because I’ve made my fair share of brownies. One of my favourite treats in all the land. But these? These are incredible. And if you can get your hands on some of this Reese’s chocolate peanut butter spread, you most definitely have to try them. If you don’t just eat it all with a spoon, that is. This stuff is basically a peanut butter cup in a jar.
And it’s fantastic in these peanut butter and salted caramel brownies. So, so good, plus they’re super easy to make. You can use store bought or homemade salted caramel sauce, but I’d highly recommend making it if you have 10-15 minutes. It’s easy to make and you can put the rest in the fridge or even the freezer to use for something else.
And then make brownies. You will not regret it. And if you do – have one and give the rest away! That’s never a bad plan – people love brownies.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup REESE chocolate peanut butter spread, divided
- 2 tablespoons salted caramel sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease an 8x8 inch baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until well combined.
- Whisk in the vanilla, and then the eggs, one at a time and stir until smooth.
- In another bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt until combined.
- Add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Soften the REESE chocolate peanut butter spread in the microwave, about 30-60 seconds on high power.
- Stir 1/2 cup of the REESE spread into the brownie batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and smooth it out.
- Drizzle the salted caramel and the remaining 1/4 cup of softened REESE spread all over the top of the brownie batter.
- Use the tip of a knife to swirl the caramel and REESE peanut butter together.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the brownies are just set in the middle.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before cutting and removing them from the pan.
- Brownies will keep well for up to 5 days in an airtight container at room temperature, or can be frozen for up to 3 months.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I may receive a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 100mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 4g
Nutrition Information is estimated based on ingredients used and may not be exact.
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Hershey’s Canada, and I have been compensated for my time and provided with product for recipe testing purposes. As always, all opinions are my own.