These chocolate chip oatmeal peanut butter bars mix up in minutes in just one bowl and make the perfect snack. The kids will love them!
My kids are huge fans of these tasty chocolate chip oatmeal peanut butter bars. But then, that wasn’t really a surprise since they involve peanut butter, chocolate, and oats.
They’re hearty, they’re tasty, and they involve a ton of chocolate peanut butter flavour.
And I think we can all agreed that chocolate and peanut butter is one of the best flavour combinations.
And at only 150 calories per bar, these make a fairly healthy snack. It’s also a surprisingly filling snack due to the oats and peanut butter in them.
Plus all you need is one bowl and about 5 minutes to get these into the oven.
No special equipment, no electric mixers, just a bowl and a spoon. Stir everything together and spread it in a pan to bake. So easy and delicious!
Just make sure not to over bake these peanut butter bars or they end up a bit dry. Err on the side of under baked rather than over baked here.
How should I store peanut butter bars?
After your bars have cooled completely, slice them up and store them in an airtight container at room temperature.
They should keep well for 3-5 days in an airtight container, but will dry out if left uncovered.
Can I freeze oatmeal peanut butter bars?
Yes, you can freeze oatmeal peanut butter bars.
Let them cool completely and then freeze them in an airtight container or ziplock bag for up to 3 months.
Or you can freeze them wrapped individually for easy grab and go snacks.
How to make Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bars:
- These bars mix up quickly and easily in just one bowl – just stir everything together and spread it in a baking pan.
- If you don’t have quick oats, you can replace them with old fashioned rolled oats, but the bars may be a bit crumbly. You can pulse them for a few seconds in a food processor or blender to break them down so they are more like quick oats.
- Make sure not to over bake these or they will be dry.
Here are some more great snack recipes for you:
- Coconut Granola Bars
- 7 Layer Bars
- Chocolate Chip Banana Oatmeal Bars
- S’mores Bars
- Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Bars
I have also shared these chocolate chip oatmeal peanut butter bars over on Food Fanatic.