A quick and easy fix for your cinnamon roll craving, these cinnamon roll pancakes are a fantastic breakfast treat! Cinnamon rolls, but easier!
Have you ever had a cinnamon roll craving? I have. Plenty of times. That’s totally normal right?
Cinnamon rolls are really just the best thing ever. I don’t think I know anyone that doesn’t love them. But….sometimes you want a cinnamon roll and there are none in sight. And they’re not exactly a whip it up in a half hour breakfast treat. Closer to several hours to enjoy the next day. Which is still great, cinnamon rolls tomorrow – but it doesn’t exactly help with that craving.
Cinnamon roll pancakes are the answer. These taste just like a cinnamon roll, but in pancake form. And they’re way faster to make in a cinnamon roll emergency. Because those are a thing.
These are some of the best flavoured pancakes I’ve ever tried. We make pancakes on a fairly regular basis around here, but typically stick to the plain old buttermilk kind. Although these banana pancakes run a close second whenever there’s some overripe bananas lying around. I think cinnamon roll pancakes are going to be joining the pancake rotation for our Sunday brunch though. They are that good.
Sweet, cinnamon filled, fluffy pancakes with a cream cheese glaze. They taste surprisingly similar to the real thing. But with a lot less time and effort.
They are quite sweet though, so if you want to cut down on the sweetness a bit, they are also delicious if you replace the sugar and maple syrup with a smaller amount of brown sugar. That makes for a cinnamon flavoured pancake without a sugar overload. And there’s still the cream cheese glaze to sweeten them. If, however, you want a decadent cinnamon roll pancake that tastes exactly like the real thing – make them as written. They are absolutely fantastic and definitely worth it for a special breakfast treat!
I’ve also shared this Cinnamon Roll Pancake recipe over on Food Fanatic.
For the cream cheese glaze:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 ounces (1/4 package) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cups powdered sugar
For the pancakes:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer, whip the butter and cream cheese together until smooth and creamy.
- Add the milk, vanilla and powdered sugar and whip again until smooth and well combined.
- Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and cinnamon until well combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, maple syrup, butter and vanilla until well combined.
- Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and mix. I usually use an electric mixer, but you can also just whisk it all together until it’s combined.
- Preheat a non-stick frying pan or electric griddle to medium heat. I don’t use any oil, but if it’s not a good non-stick pan you may need to lightly oil the pan to prevent the pancakes from sticking.
- Drop the batter onto the hot pan by 1/4 cup spoonfuls and allow to cook until bubbles start forming on the top.
- Flip and cook on the other side. Keep warm while cooking the rest of the pancakes.
- Serve hot, drizzled with the cream cheese glaze.
This makes a very sweet pancake that tastes just like a cinnamon roll. If you’d like a less sweet version, omit the sugar and maple syrup from the pancake batter, and add 2 tablespoons of brown sugar instead. That will make a cinnamon flavoured pancake that isn’t overly sweet.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I may receive a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:2 pancakes
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 396Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 549mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 2gSugar: 24gProtein: 9g
Nutrition Information is estimated based on ingredients used and may not be exact.