These Air Fryer salt and pepper wings are so easy to make and are perfectly crispy every time! These crispy salt and pepper wings make the best appetizer!
These crispy chicken wings make the perfect appetizer or snack.
They’re super easy to make, they only take about 5 minutes to get into the air fryer, and they are so crispy and delicious! It results in perfectly crispy wings without all the oil of deep frying, and we are loving it!
All you have to do to make these tasty salt and pepper wings, is dry the chicken with a paper towel, toss it with baking powder, salt, and pepper, and air fry for a half hour.
They are seriously so easy to make and they taste fantastic!
How do I make crispy chicken wings?
The best way to get really crispy chicken wings (without a deep fryer of course!) is in an air fryer. This results in perfectly crispy wings without all the oil.
I’ve also found that tossing the wings in baking powder before cooking them makes for the crispiest wings. It also helps to make sure to dry the chicken thoroughly before coating it in the baking powder, salt, and pepper.
How long do wings take in the air fryer?
How long they take to cook depends a bit on your air fryer, as all of them cook a bit differently. I have an Instant Pot Vortex air fryer, and chicken wings cook perfectly in 28-33 minutes. If they’re bigger they will take longer than the really small ones.
If you haven’t made them in your air fryer before, start with the lower time, and check them, adding additional time if needed.
Do you have to flip wings in the air fryer?
I always flip them when I’m cooking them in the air fryer, to make sure they brown evenly. Flip them halfway through the cook time, or when your air fryer indicates it’s time to flip, if yours has that function.
How to make Air Fryer Salt and Pepper Wings:
- Make sure to dry the chicken wings thoroughly with a paper towel before tossing them with the baking powder, salt, and pepper.
- This recipe can be doubled, but if the wings don’t fit in a single layer in your air fryer, make sure to cook them in batches. They won’t crisp properly if they are piled on top of each other. The air needs to circulate around the wings for them to get crispy.
- Any kind of coarse salt will work for these salt and pepper wings. I use kosher salt, but a coarse sea salt would work well too.
- These wings are great tossed in a sauce after cooking if you like. If I’m going to toss them with a sauce, such as buffalo, teriyaki, or honey garlic, I decrease the salt and pepper to 1/4 teaspoon each.
Here are some more great appetizer recipes for you:
- Crispy Oven Baked Wings
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer Taquitos
- Baked Broccoli Cheese Dip
- Mexican 7 Layer Dip
Tuesday 25th of October 2022
I made this air fry salt+pepper wings… very good 👍